What is a central kitchen
The central kitchen is a single production area where food is prepared, packaged, stored then transported to points of use that may be located some distance away.
The operational advantages of a central kitchen
A Central Kitchen today delivers the following operational benefits:
- Business expansion: to use the centralized system for the production of meals to be distributed to schools, canteens, hospitals, retirement homes etc. (participation in public contracts). To use the recipe of a semi finished product (eg. sauce) as an end product to be resold in other channels;
- Product standardization: as everything is produced in the same place, at the same time, using the same equipment, companies can guarantee greater product consistency and quality;
- Efficiency: Central kitchens are more efficient because they allow automating the production process, stabilizing the operators’ workload and reducing the raw materials’ purchasing costs;
- Extra income: in case the plant is not producing under the system of saturation, it is possible to rent these ares to other companies, reducing the incidence of fixed costs, as well as generating extra sales.
Purchasing process: raw materials centralised purchase optimisation.
OPERATION – (Lean method)
- Equipment: Automated systems that guarantee standardization and production and gives flexibility;
- Maintenance: Sturdy systems, reliable service and preventive maintenance programs;
- Human Resources: Reducing the number of people employed and their specialization;
- Layout: Design according to Lean method to achieve maximum efficiency, organization and cleanliness.
- Preservation: Packaging and conservation of the finished product;
- Delivery: Milk-run to make deliveries more efficient;
- Food Management: How you will manage food waste, loss and theft.
Central Kitchen – Excellence areas according to Firex
Implementing the Lean method with Firex is possible: it reduces time wasting, labor and raw materials (MUDA), it weighs up the workload by planning and automating your day (MURA), it increases capacity and reduces excess loads (WALLS).
All the plus of a central kitchen
SAVINGS OF LABOR
Thanks to automation, it is now not necessary for continuos monitoring of the cooking process.
SMALLER WORK AREAS
With Firex you can increase your production in reduced spaces. 1 Machine instead of 3. This allows for space saving, but also the cost of supply, ventilation and unloading.
Thanks to the controls and programmability, a single chef can supervise up to 4 machines and devote time to other activities in the kitchen.
SAFER AND MORE COMFORTABLE ENVIROMENT
Safer and more comfortable environment. The main advantages of the automation tied to the mixer are: less labor demands, less need for qualified staff and a complete annulment of food burning episodes.
An informed team at the customers’ disposal
Our aim is to make you excel in quality and process control. We can assist: restaurants, canteens, supermarkets, schools, ghost kitchens, centralized kitchens, pastry shops, producers of ready meals.
Central Kitchen – The processes according to FIREX
Firex has a solution for every need. Come and find out more.
DO YOU WISH TO BE CONTACTED?
Please fill out this form, and one of our representatives will contact you immediately.